CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 15, 2013

Orange Glad Inagural Sweet Box ~ July 2013


Food subscription boxes are definitely my favorite type of monthly subscription service to receive. As much as I love to obsess on the threads of Makeup Talk, about what I'm going to receive in my Birchbox, IPSY Glam Bag, Sample Society Box & Glossy Box, there is nothing like getting to try foods, from small batch companies across the U.S.A.

Last month, I introduced you to Treatsie. I absolutely loved Treatsie, so when I heard about Orange Glad, I gifted myself a one-time shipment, with little hesitation. 

Orange Glad is a monthly subscription service, that sends it's subscribers baked goods & confections from small companies arcoss the country. 

The cost of Orange Glad is $21.95 a month, including shipping. July 2013 was Orange Glad's first month in operation, and I have to admit I'm totally impressed! We received 5 generous sized treats, that were big enough to share! However, I may or may not have eaten one of the treats all by myself!

Enter Code YUMMY10 to save 10% off your first order!



The Sweet Box comes in a bright orange box, which clearly states that the contents are perishable & should be kept in the shade if possible. Nice thinking Orange Glad!


Like most subscription boxes, you receive product information cards about the featured vendors in each month's box.



 The vendors featured in the July 2013 Orange Glad Sweet Box.


The yummy treats! And, when to enjoy them buy.



The silver package contains the perishable items, packed with ice packs.


My ice packs were completely melted, however I think they did help the items stay cool. Nothing was damaged or melted.


 Here's what I received....

3 oz. Fat Witch Bakery Brownie ~ Sample Value $2.52 (From New York, NY)

This has to be the most delicious brownie I have ever eaten, and I'm not a huge brownie lover, so that is saying something! The Fat Witch Brownie is moist, chocolatey and amazing! There was something incredibly special about the outside of the brownie as well, almost like it was brushed with a glaze, that produced these sweet, crunchy bits all over the outside of the brownie. I highly recommend that you check out this company's website and place a large order!

I can see why this is one of Oprah's favorite things!



Thank you Fat Witch for providing nutritional info! This brownie was 13 Weight Watchers Points Plus & worth every point!



Yummes Complete Peanutbutterness ~ Sample Value $4.99 (West Carrollton, OH)

 This is peanut butter butter cream, sandwiched between two peanut butter cookies, and dipped in chocolate!

Again, OMG this was absolutely Amazing!!! My husband described this as pure evil, lol. It was that good. 

This is another company, I highly recommend, and wouldn't hesitate to order from. My only criticism is, no nutritional information is available.

 
  Sweet Lydia's Original S'More Sample Value $3.83 (Lowell, MA)

These were very good, but not in the "to die for" category. I browsed their website, and noticed they have a "marshmallow of the month" subscription, that is $150 per year. Homemade, gourmet marshmallows (in different flavors) delivered to your door each month! Very Cool!

No nutritional information to be found at Sweet Lydia's either.





 The Secret Chocolatier Chocolate Bark ~ Sample Value $3.25 (Charlotte, NC)

There was actually no indication on what flavors of chocolate bark we received, but if I had to guess, based off of what I see on The Secret Chocolatier's website, I would say we received White Chocolate Toasted Macadamia Bark, and Sea Salt Chocolate Butter Toffee.

I haven't tried this yet, but it looks delicious! 

No nutritional info.



Alice's Stick Cookies Natural Vanilla Flavor  ~ Sample Value $4.97 (Los Altos, Ca)
I haven't tried these either, but they sound delicious.....Rich, buttery cookies with a hint of toffee flavor, that literally melt in your mouth. Yum!

Hurray for nutritional info! 1 oz. is 4 Weight Watchers Points Plus.









And, last but not least, we received a cute little bonus item! A 3 pack of pins from Twenty Pixels. These pins are absolutely adorable!! I love whimsical anything, so these are right up my alley. So cute! We received a cookie & cake with sweet little faces, as well as the Orange Glad logo!



Thanks for the extra Orange Glad!

The retail value for the July 2013 Orange Glad box was $19.56, not including the pins. I definitely feel this subscription is worth the price of $15 a month, plus $6.95 shipping! Go check them out now!

Oh, and I signed up for a 3 month subscription, so you will be seeing more Orange Glad from me in the coming months! Yay! Print Friendly and PDF
Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment