CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Lush Fresh Handmade Cosmetics 2013 Beach Box


I must have been living under a rock, because I just discovered how wonderful LUSH is! I have no idea why I have never ordered anything online from them before. A store opened in a mall near me in November 2012, but I have yet to step foot in their store. My reason for this is, I constantly have a 5 year old in tow, who wants to touch everything & gets bored easily. Those of you who have shopped at LUSH probably know you need an adequate amount of time to experience all that they have to offer, especially if you are new to the brand. I will be remedying this soon, since my daughter will be taking some art classes next week. Guess where I'll be heading while waiting for her? You guessed it! LUSH!

After discovering the LUSH website, I saw the Beach Box, and thought it would be the perfect first purchase to familiarize myself with their brand. It included 5 products that are not bath related.

 I don't know....I'm sort of discovering I'm not a bath person. I get bored easily, if I'm not doing something. And, I'm not a huge fan of reading(I know, that sounds bad,!) so taking a book or magazine into the bath won't work for me. I'm one of those people who can't nap either. What's wrong with me,lol?!

Anyway, I liked the variety of products this box had to offer. I think it will give me a good basic introduction to LUSH products.

The Beach Box includes the following products:  Cost $29.95



Lime and lavender, seaweed and sea salt scrubber. I weighed my soap on my food scale & it was 
4.8 oz.! Value $10.90

 Features
  • Awash from the sea: LUSH uses arame seaweed in their Sea Vegetable soap to soften your skin as you lather.
  • Seaweed absolute:  Green, herbaceous and woody fragrance of seaweed absolute; will remind you of long afternoons spent on the beach.
  • Good for boys and girls: The scrubby, but softening texture, and the refreshing fragrance is great for the whole family.


0.5 oz. Dream Cream Body Cream
Incredibly soothing body lotion for troubled skin. Value $1.60

Features
  • Worldwide best-seller: LUSH is incredibly proud of Dream Cream, and its ability to make sore skin happy once again.
  • Does a body good: When oats infuse with water, they create soothing milk, used for centuries to calm the skin.
  • Fantastically effective florals: Rose and lavender essential oils are incredibly calming for easily irritated skin.

2.4 oz. Ocean Salt Cleanser
LUSH's best-selling salt scrub for a glowing complexion. Value $9.80

Features
  • Suitable for all skin types: Ocean Salt is beneficial for combination to dull and oily skin, and works well to occasionally exfoliate dry skin.
  • LUSH's most exfoliating cleanser: Ocean Salt contains a combination of coarse and fine sea salt.
  • For an invigorating scrub: Salt and citrus oils can cause irritation for sensitive skin types. If you’re quite sensitive, LUSH suggests using a gentler product.


A salty hair spritz for body, hold, and a beach-beautiful look. Value $6.27

 Features
  • Fresh from the sea: Product creator Rowena wanted to get the beautiful look and feel of hair that's just been in the sea.
  • Cheerful perfume: LUSH uses the same uplifting neroli oil and orange flower perfume as in Shine So Bright split end treatment. A modified version of the perfume is in Happy Happy Joy Joy conditioner too; use all three for the most fragrant tresses imaginable!
  • For shine, volume & style: Sea Spray makes hair incredibly shiny, adds volume, texture and holds your style.

0.5 oz. Seanik Solid Shampoo
Fresh ingredients from the ocean to liven up dull, flat hair. Value $3.14

Features
  • Sea salt for body: Mineral-rich sea salt boosts the volume and shine of limp, lifeless hair.
  • Sea what? Softening seaweed strands infuse as you lather, and protein packed nori seaweed is particularly effective at helping care for your scalp.
  • Scent and shine: Lemon adds loads of shine, and exotic florals scent your locks.


 Broken down the value of this box is $31.71, so pretty close to the $29.99 I paid.

 

 The products come in a cute little cardboard box. Perfect for gifting!





Sea Vegetable Soap ~ This smells amazing! I wrapped this up in plastic wrap, and you can smell the scent right through it! I can definitely smell both the lime and the lavender.





Dream Cream ~ I really wish LUSH had including a slightly bigger jar than this. When I smell it in the jar, it reminds me of the scent of a facial moisturizer, but on my hands it has a sweet oat scent. It absorbs well, but does leave a slightly greasy feeling.




Ocean Salt ~ This product doesn't have much of a scent, but I look forward to trying it. I love all types of scrubs, so this is right up my alley! Since this pot is so small, I'll be reserving it for my face. If I feel it's too harsh for my face, I'll try it on my body instead. If I decide to use this on my body, I think I'll only be able to get once use out of it. We'll see!





Expiration date & who it was made by.

Sea Spray ~ I was trying to figure out what this smells like. My five year old said "cucumbers," and my 7 year old said "plants." The main ingredient is Carrageenan, which is a product of seaweed. The bottles description describes the scent as Grapefruit & Neroli, which is the essence of the Orange Flower. It can be used as a hair spray or hair "refresher."



Seanik Solid Shampoo ~ This has a floral scent. I haven't tried this yet, so I can't comment on the lather, or if it makes my hair feels clean. However, I do have one criticism about this product. LUSH if you're reading this, this product needs to be in a little bag, or wrapped n some way. All my other products had residue on them from the shampoo bar, that I had to wipe off before taking my photos.




I also got a small sample of the Godmother Body Soap! Thank you LUSH! This is described as a pink, sweet girly indulgence. The scent is Bubble Gum & Candy Floss. This smells amazing, and is typically a scent I would gravitate toward. I will definitely be using this tomorrow morning! 
Value $.73


I'm super excited to try out all of these products & get to know LUSH better!
Print Friendly and PDF
Pin It!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this! What a fab box!


Karen
http://unpackthebox.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment