CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 22, 2013

Julibox ~ Cocktail Subscription Service ~ July 2013


If you are new to Julibox, please see my post here.

My husband is 3 months in, to his 6 month Father's Day subscription to Julibox. He's enjoying this service, but I will definitely be cancelling after his 6 months are up. I'm started to feel that I'm paying more for the fancy packaging, than I am for the actual spirits. Since this is a gift, I'll be waiting out the next 3 months. If I were to cancel early, I would incur a $15 cancellation fee.
 

The curator of the box, Paul Sevigny, focused this month's box on clean, simple flavors. This month's collection is geared to highlight how the same simple flavors and ingredients can come to life in very different ways based on the spirits you use.

  My husband was sent spirits to make the Caipirinha from Brazil, and the Mayan Sunset from Mexico.

The Caipirinha features the clean citrus notes of Lime, paired with Cachaca (rum,) and the Mayan Sunset features both Orange & Lime, paired with Herradura Anjeo Tequila & Grand Marnier.

 



The bottles are securely wrapped in bubble wrap & tissue paper.
6.75 oz. Leblon Natural Cane Cachaca Rum


1.5 oz. Grand Marnier
2 ~ 1.75 oz. Bottles of Herradura Anjeo Tequila
Recipes

Caipirinha

Quarter 1/2 of a fresh lime, and place into a glass. Add 3 tsp.of granulated sugar.

Muddle lime & sugar.
Add 2 1/4 oz. of Leblon Cachaca.
Add ice & stir to dilute.

Mayan Sunset

Add the juice of half an orange to a mixing glass.
Add the juice of one medium lime.
Add 1 3/4 oz.of Herradura Anjeo Tequila.
Add 3/4 oz. of Grand Marnier. Shake vigorously without ice.
Strain into glass with crushed ice.



I'm looking forward to seeing what comes in next month's Julibox!











Print Friendly and PDF
Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment