CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 9, 2013

First Batch of Coupons Have Arrived! Week 1



I've been very busy this week contacting various product manufacturers, in hopes that they will send some great coupons my way! You can read about the start of my adventure here.

As you all know, we are all about social media these days, product manufacturers included. So, a lot of the "no" responses I received, asked me to sign up for their e-newsletter to be alerted to coupons, promotions, etc., or to "like" them on Facebook, where they occasionally have coupons available to print. Now, I'm fully aware that there are coupons available to print online for various manufacturers. Some advertised so, right on the homepage of their websites. However, I really wanted to see which companies would go "above and beyond" and honor my request to be sent coupons via snail mail.

After receiving many "no" responses, I decided to add this line to my request. "Please note, I do not have access to a printer to print coupons online."

You wouldn't believe how many "please check here to see available coupons to print" responses I still received! I just said I had no ability to print coupons, and your advice is to print coupons! Some of these companies are obviously not listening, and are just following up with cookie cutter type responses.

Now, I'm not going to stop buying a certain company's products just because they would not send me a coupon. However, I do have a greater appreciation for those that were willing to honor my requests. And, faced with similar prices for the same product in the grocery store, I'm obviously going to choose company A over company B, because I now have their coupon in hand!

Now, on to the good stuff! The coupons I received this week.....

 Barilla $1.00/1 Barilla Microwavable Meal, any Variety Exp. 3-31-13

 Ball Park Hot Dogs $1.00 any Jimmy Dean Product Exp. 7-31-13 (Not sure why they didn't send a   Ball Park coupon,lol.)

 Bagels Bites 4 - $.50/1 Any Bagel Bites Snack Product, Any Size, Any Variety Exp.8-5-13

 Aveeno 2 - $1.00/1 Aveeno Active Naturals, ROC, or Clean & Clear Product (excludes cleansing bars, trial sizes & 2.5 oz. body lotions) Exp. 3-31-14

 Bigelow  $1.00/1 any box of Bigelow Tea, No Expiration Date 
Also, the following samples: Cranberry Hibiscus, Sweetheart Cinnamon, White Chocolate Obesssion


That's what I've received to far. Not too bad, huh? Stay tuned for my next post, as to what I receive this coming week.

I'll leave you with a recipe sent to me from Ball Park along with my Jimmy Dean Coupon.

Atlanta Dog with Peach-Pecan Chutney

1/2 c cider vinegar
1/4 c red bell pepper, chopped
1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
1 package Sara Lee Soft & Smooth hotdog buns
1/2 cup loosely packed brown sugar
1/4 c white onion, chopped
1/4 c raisins
1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
1 pound fresh peaches, skinned and sliced into wedges
1 package Ball Park Turkey Franks

Bring the vinegar and sugar to a boil over medium heat. Add bell pepper, onion, red pepper flakes, raisins, garlic, ginger, salt, and peaches, and simmer until peaches begin to fall apart, about 20 minutes. Stir in pecans. Prepare Ball Park Franks according to package directions. Place each cooked frank atop a Sara Lee Soft and Smooth bun. Top each frank with 2 tablespoons of the peach-pecan chutney.

Cook time: 20 minutes




Print Friendly and PDF
Pin It!

8 comments:

Diana of Diana Rambles said...

Keep up the savings! Thanks for sharing this at my Pin Me Linky Party.

Allyson said...

That is so cool! I have really wanted to get started with really couponing, but I have no idea where to begin, so I usually just use one here and there.

Kira Sanders said...

Thanks Robin :-) I followed you back via GFC & g+.

Amy said...

I used to really be into couponing-I'm not sure what happened, but I really need to get back into it! Those are some great coupons!

If you have a minute, I would love for you to come link this up to Inspiration in Progress!

Jamie said...

try ebay...we have been buying coupons for free products and now we have enough arm and hammer laundry soap for 2 years.

Charlene@APinchofJoy said...

Great coupons! thanks so much for sharing your adventure on Busy Monday!

Sweet Bella Roos said...

This is a neat idea! Very cool to see which brands will respond! Thanks for sharing at Pin It Thursday!

Unknown said...

Thanks for linking up to Tasty Thursdays. The next party is live!! http://www.mandatorymooch.blogspot.com/2013/02/tasty-thursdays-29.html
Thanks, Nichi

Post a Comment